• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How's this sound?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Patrick_

Registered
Ok, I'm going to recieving all of my watercooling parts by Tuesday. I think I should set it up as so:

Put all parts together outside of case, leak test for 24 hours.

Take apart parts, let the tubing dry, set it up in my case, and bleed the system.

Does this sound good? I'd feel safer leak testing outside of the case (much safer), but do you think it would be better to leak test and bleed at the same time, of course the computer and PSU being totally off?

Thanks.

Taking apart the system after leak testing moots the whole point of leak testing.
If you feel insecure about leaks, you can assemble it inside your case (for cutting the tubing to the right lenght) unmout everything and leak test outside the case. If your watercooling loop is setup in a way that it MUST be installed while leaktesting(like mine, I'd have to disconnect half my tubes to install into my case) make sure the psu is not even hooked up to the system while testing.

And, you kind of have to bleed the system while leak testing, becuase you need to run the pump for the leak test to be accurate, so it should natrually bleed the system.

sunrunner20 said:
Taking apart the system after leak testing moots the whole point of leak testing.
If you feel insecure about leaks, you can assemble it inside your case (for cutting the tubing to the right lenght) unmout everything and leak test outside the case. If your watercooling loop is setup in a way that it MUST be installed while leaktesting(like mine, I'd have to disconnect half my tubes to install into my case) make sure the psu is not even hooked up to the system while testing.

And, you kind of have to bleed the system while leak testing, becuase you need to run the pump for the leak test to be accurate, so it should natrually bleed the system.

That's originally what I was thinking (taking system apart after leak testing defeating the purpose of leak testing), but then I saw someone leak testing the system outside of their case, so I was just wondering.

Thanks for clearing that up. :)

Ya be sure to kinda move things around and see if theres any weak connections. Tubing makes a huge difference so don't use any cheap stuff from the local department store.

Tim

Back