• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How's this for water cooling?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Paul1

I'm thinking about switching to water cooling. I'd like to know your opinions on this. I don't know if I'm ready to build my own set yet because I know almost nothing about water cooling.

Its alright but a much better option would be the Corsair Cool kit or a Swiftech kit if you're looking for a kit to get. The Monthly Round up sticky will give you links to good parts to get also if you'd like to "roll your own" ;).

The thing I like about the zalman cool is that it's so large. The fin don't need to have a fan blowing on them because of the large surface area. I think it will be quieter than having a radiator with a fan blowing on it. Am I right?

but the performance is not very good and you will switch later on anyways once you are more comfortale.

my advice is to stick around a while . read the stickies . learn the princaples of watercooling and then make your own . anything else will be a waste in hte end

thorilan said:
but the performance is not very good and you will switch later on anyways once you are more comfortale.

You're probably right and that's the word I was looking for, comfortable. I'm not comfortable picking out parts to build a watercooling setup. The same goes for building PCs. I ordered a pre-built PC from parts I picked out before building one on my own. Thanks for the help guys. :)

Back