• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AS8 fan monitoring question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wrangler88

why is it when i remove my 4 pin stock intel fan on my AS8 and plug in a 2 pin panaflo120 for my xp-120 i get a C1 error and the computer wont' boot, i know its becaue my panaflo doesnt have it where it can sense the speed its just got power and ground, but is there anyway to stop this without gettin g a 4 pin fan, i turned off all the monitoring stuf in the bio's and it still does it? anyone got a fix? right now i have my xp120 with panaflo120 installed running of a MB header and the stock intel fan plugged into the cpu fan header right next to the processor and the fan hanging down just running all the time, thanks!

You can plug a 3-pin fan connector (like a case fan) onto the 4-pin CPU fan header to fool it. There is also a way to disable the CPU fan failure shutdown function in the BIOS. Look again in the Abit EQ BIOS menu for fan speed monitoring (see page 3-7 of the manual).

It will say something like this:

(*) CPU fan monitoring... RPM... shut down enabled (*)... beep enabled (*)... low limit 1200 RPM

Arrow over to highlight the (*) and use the space bar to remove the asterisk next to the shut down enabled, then exit and save the settings.

Last edited:
I did the samething ... however, it will not boot up, if I turn off the power supply, and turn it on again.

Just hang any fan with a sensor on the CPU fan plug. I had to do the same in order to get it going. You can get into windows and enable fan and temp monitoring through EQ later so you can unhook it.

Back