• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

{AG}Sgt.Stryker

Well, this is a totally new one for me. Booted up my totally stock Sony VAIO laptop today for the first time in about a month (charger was connected before booting) and got a BSOD with the message in the title. Anybody know what the deal is?

looking at ur sig, (the error is definately a ram problem), you should up those volts on the ram as most people do for the stability. You might also need to back off the timings a bit and run them 1:1, the performance will be just as good if not better at those speeds even with lower cas settings.

edited for being an idiot: sorry about that. in that case, u probably have faulty ram. just to make sure, update the bios, chipset drivers, etc. perhaps even do a full reformat(though i wouldnt do those unless with different sticks of ram).

Last edited:
nicspits said:
looking at ur sig, (the error is definately a ram problem), you should up those volts on the ram as most people do for the stability. You might also need to back off the timings a bit and run them 1:1, the performance will be just as good if not better at those speeds even with lower cas settings.

Um, that is not his laptop in his sig.

or it could be a heat problem. I've had those errors happen before when my system was getting badly overheated. I'd let it cool down, and it was fine. Its possible that after sitting for a month, that its got dust in places its not supposed to, and its getting too hot.

Checked the RAM modules, nice and snug. But, went into the BIOS and it says I have 448 MB of RAM!?!?! It should be 512. 64 MB difference. Looks like I have a couple of bad chips!

Last edited:
Back