• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sell OR Add to Old?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

torres da bull

:bang head Hi, whate up everyone? i'm a newbee to this site so bare with me.
i just recently poped my cherry and built my first comp. its a p4 2.4c, dfi lan party pro875b, 2 WD raptures 36.4 gig, ati radeon 9600xt, a dvd drive, creative labs audigy 2 zs, 512 Mb ram pc3200 (its crap) and an aspire x-dreamer case.

as of now i'm craving to build a new one, i have the modder virus. i'm stuck here though, i'm not to sure if i should sell off this one and move to an amd 64 system or should i just tweek the crap outta this one. if i do decide to keep it i will upgrade the ram, oc the cpu, get a larger hdd, a tv tuner card and a dvd burner.

if i do deciede to sell it, would it sell? on ebay of corse. any opinions and help would be apreicated.

it will sell.. but dont think that you will get top dollar for it (IMHO). I think that you should just O/C the hell out of it, and when you get it the max go W/C (water cooling). in the end you should save up and wait for the dual cpu chips to come out..After you turn this one up all the way.. then sell.

My Two Cents Worth

I didn't see anything on your list of things to buy to upgrade this unit
( if i do decide to keep it i will upgrade the ram, oc the cpu, get a larger hdd, a tv tuner card and a dvd burner) that you can't get components that will work with a future A64 or A64x2.I would add to that list a solid ,powerful power supply.If you then overclock as well as you can on air you can use the new components and then when you do decide to go to the new unit you still have the orginal computer to use as back-up or sell and your upgraded components to use on the new A64.This will let you do some overclocking now and in the future a build that you already have some of the components.

i have a pretty solid power supply, enermax 460 watt. i'm not to sure what type of ram i want to upgrade to as of yet still shopping around, the w/c sounds like an idea, i was also thinking of modding the crap outta my tower. thanks for the opinions though! this place rules btw

yes water is always the answer. also after you start with the water cooling you will always be changing, moding, alting to make it better.. MuHAHAHA

i would wait until the first generation of dual cores has been fully reviewed and then assess your situation again. that way you can see if the upgrade possibilities are worth it. that system should do more than fine for the time being.

Back