• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Clock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FyreDaug

If any of you have noticecd my thread a while back, my clock keeps resetting to a set time, and it has trouble adding on an hour. I checked the bios and the clock doesnt move in there. Windows time adds and works fine, but it starts at whatever time the bios is at.

But the bios doesnt move... why? Cant be battery because then my settings would be lost right?

Battery is dying very slowly hehe. I had a P3 comp that did this. No matter what setting i changed, it would be off a few hours by the next day.

I would try replacing the battery. If that doesn't work, try clearing the cmos.

You're sure the clock doesn't move at all? I guess it could actually be broken.

Yah, the battery might be so low that one thing has failed but other stuff has not yet. It is a cheap part, drop a new one in and hope that it works.

While I still thin you should change the battery, I doubt that's it. While your computer PSU is plugged in, the cmos/clock draws from the +5VSB. It should at least "tick" while the computer is on and you're in the bios setup screen.

Back