• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MS Word problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spec_Ops2087

I am currently trying to fix on my girlfriends computer in MS word and I cannot seem to figure it out. When you open word and go to format>font it lags for about 2min until the font box comes up. I reinstalled word and tried the repair and still no go. I cannot think of anything else to do since this is the first time I have ever seen this happen. It is strange to because it only hangs the first time you try to open the font box. After you wait the 2 min and close it then open it again it opens right away. It also does this with print preview

Spec

Looked at the sites and tried all of what they said --- tried launching in safe mode for word and it loads but it still hangs on opening the font box and other features. I then tried deleting the registry data so it can make a new one -- still hangs...I'm thinking this might be a computer related issue -- not word?

Spec

I went into the fonts for her computer -- all of them have "true type" in parenthesis (sp) after the name of the font....should this be like this?

Spec

dude I used to live in Howell, NJ have you heard of it? lol

maybe you should try calling ms, is it her version, or is she borrowing it? Has this always happened or has it just starting happeneing lately?

howell is 5 min away from me =)

It is actually my version and I find it strange becuase it works on my computer fine but not hers?

Supposdly it has happened before but only off and on -- now it happens everytime *shrug*

I might call...sounds like an idea

Spec

that is so cool :cool:, when I lived near Freehold, I'd go to the movie theatre there and the raceway mall.

I'm going to NJ this summer, most likely I'll be in Freehold, I'll be staying with my grandparents in Toms River. I also have family and Brick town and other places there.

have fun calling Microsoft ;) but most likely her computer hates microsoft word, have you tried other applications like powerpoint or excel? What kind of computer does she have?

Right click the toolbar in Word, and select Customize -->"Options" tab | Uncheck "List font names in their font", and click Close | Exit Word | Re-open Word, and try selecting Format -->Font again.

If all else fails, try downloading an update/patch. This is why Microsoft unproductivity apps drive me crazy - they often break for seemingly little reason. If the above doesn't work, I'd say your best bet is updating the software and then calling Microsoft for support.

Back