• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where to put T-Line?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Patrick_

Registered
Ok, I've been getting mixed answers throughout the forum.

I'm going to be recieving the rest of my watercooling parts by Monday or Tuesday. My question is, where do I put the T-Line?

I would think at the very top, so all of the air rises out. But, I also heard that the T-Line should be right near the pump, so it doesn't run dry. Then again, I can fill up the loop until enough water goes down to the pump, which will be at the bottom of my case.

So, where exactly do I put the T-Line? Right near the "out"/"in" tubing from the waterblock for the CPU, since that will be the top. But it might also be hard to fill there.

Any suggestions welcome, thanks. :)

I have heard that you should put the T-line at the top of your loop because that way it makes the system easier to bleed and fill. Because when you fill it the water just rushes right down into your pump so you aren't running it on nothing. Also it bleeds easier supposedly because the bubbles rush to the top and are seperated easier.

Sorry I can't speak from experiance cause I'm on air, but thats just what I have read and my research tells me.

TalRW said:
I have heard that you should put the T-line at the top of your loop because that way it makes the system easier to bleed and fill. Because when you fill it the water just rushes right down into your pump so you aren't running it on nothing. Also it bleeds easier supposedly because the bubbles rush to the top and are seperated easier.

Sorry I can't speak from experiance cause I'm on air, but thats just what I have read and my research tells me.

Thats about right but there are ton of people who place the T just before their pump and they have had 0 problems with air bleeding.
So basicly just put it on top to be on the safer side but if you are space limited placing it infront of the pump is fine.

well IMO you should put it wherever it's most convenient. it won't make much difference where it goes. you'll still be able to fill and bleed the system easily.

Thanks guys.

Another thing... does it really take around 24 hours to bleed the system? Everyone keeps saying that but I think it will take much less time. It doesn't really matter, because I am going to leak test for 24 hours, anyway.

How long did it take you?

Back