• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit Fatal1ty system problem...Can anyone help?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crb41479

Registered
Hi everyone,

I'm Chuck.

I just started building my 3rd system for my father with the following items:

Abit Fatal1ty motherboard
3.4EE Intel LGA775
2 PQI 240-Pin 1GB DDR2 PC2-5400 PQI25400-1GSB -Retail
Maxtor 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB SATA-150 Ultra 16MB Buffer
Thermaltake CL-P0092 Intel P4 SILENT 775 LGA775 CPU Fan
X800 SL Radeon
Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000 Black ATX PC Tower Case
Antec TruePower 480W
Liteon 52x32x52 CDRW
SoundBlaster Audigy 2 Platinum

So I applied Arctic thermal grease on the CPU and put the heatsink in. I put the motherboard into the case along with the other parts. I fire it up and I

start getting high/low beeps starting during Post Code 49 and 52 (according to the digital readout ). The computer then shutoff automatically.

I figured the board couldn't support those sticks, so I went and bought 1 Centon DDR2 512MB stick of RAM .

I fired it up and it passed 52 went all the way up to code 75 before beeping. I thought maybe it was an issue w/the SATA drive, so I put in an old IDE drive

I had from a prior computer. Same issue.

According to the manual , post code 75 is "Detect & Install all IDE devices, HDD, LS120, Zip, CDROM)." I know the system previously recognized my CDRW since

it was trying to initialize the windows install disk. I also recognized the old IDE since it was trying to start an old operating system I had on it.

Any ideas? I'm stumped!

Thanks in advance for your help

Chuck

The high-low siren is an alarm for high temp, low fan RPM, or voltage out of range. My first guess would be high temp. Those LGA775 heatsinks can be a pain to properly install. All 4 legs have to be locked down. Push on each one in turn. If any of them feel spongy, then it's not completely right.

Back