• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech MCP650 Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hung

heya
i got a problem with my swiftech mcp650 pump, when i turn it on, the water doesnt flow and then about a minute later theres this sharp, ear piercing sound that starts from the pump, i have no idea what it is, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Welcome to OC Forums!!

Was the system running before or did you just put it together?

Cause if its a new setup you gotta get water in the inlet to get the pump running....

i

make sure gravity is pulling water down a tube and into the inlet to get the motor going. It sounds like it's just stuck, u may want to hit it a little too. but with that sharp sound, sounds like some of the electrical stuff might be grounding... it could very well be dead. But try knocking it around first and see if that sets it straight.

I apologize for the off-topic question and i dont mean to try and hijack the thread but..

@joelkyr: You got any more puictures of that setup in your Avatar?

Whatever you do, you do not want to run the pump dry. That will kill a pump faster than anything. I have the same question as posted above: is this a new pump/install, or have you already been running it and this just started to happen?

Back