• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DVR software question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ares350

is there software, or is it even possible to do the following.

media PC with 2 tuner cards or a dual tuner card.

this PC is just a server the displays to its own screen for recording and playback on its monitor.

then via lan stream the live feeds to other PCs and/or record the live feed onto a seperate PC without recording first and then transfering.

actual setup is as follows. media PC hooked up to 36" monitor in the den. this is fully functional; has 2 cable boxes for all its own needs. then you can watch and record 2 signals in the bedrooms on the other 2 PCs as well.

sort of like on all 3 PCs(1 of which is decoding the cable signal for all 3) you see the same thing; choose between 2 feeds, select the channel for that feed, then choose to watch it on your current screen or record it to 1 or more hard drives on the lan.

I don't know about multiple cards in one box because I dont have any experience with that. However I know that you can stream the feed from at least one card with VLC player. It might be able to do 2 streams but I have not had a reason or opportunity to try it. Good luck

Back