• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Xeon Processor Rig... NEED WATER COOLING!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WaterNoob

I've just built a Dual Xeon Processor. I've got two 1.3 low voltage 2.0ghz processors in there over-volted to 1.55 or so using a PC-DL Deluxe. Right now i'm at 3.14 right now but i'm told if i go water i can get higher. Here's the problem, the more i research Water cooling and all the other stuff i get old reviews or things i just don't understand. :bang head . So if someone can just point me in the right direction that would be great. I'm using a coolmaster Case. Also for this water cooling system i would like to use something for my GPU i'm using a Nvidia 6800GT OC. Any help at all would be great thanks

Alright... that was a great shove in the right direction i'm starting to understand stuff alot more. Two things... one... some of the concepts are a bit advanced for me, mostly the idea of moding a 86 chevy Radiator. Two some of the water blocks mentioned didn't work for a socket 604 Xeon. But thanks for the shove and now i have alot more to go with. Thanks 9mm

Funny you should mention that... that was the exact block i was going to get. I was looking at some Heater cores for the 76 chevy. Really Really cheap so i might try that. Thanks alot for all the help. So far things are not costing that much... i wonder... anyway thanks 9mm I might get this rig kicking yet.

EDIT-
Ok i've looked at alot of custom Rigs now and it doesn't seem possible to put on in my case i don't know if i have enough room. Can some of this stuff go on the outside or what... now i'm more confused.

Last edited:
Yes, you can put much of it outside the case too, whether in an external box or not.
Mine runs down to the basement to take advantage of the cool air down there.

There's quite a few people around here that use an airtight box as the shroud, meaning that the fans are mounted on one wall of the box and the heatercore is mounted on another. This way the fans draw through your heatercore (as long as the box is tight) without the need for a special built fan shroud.
The box can sit anywhere it's got a fresh air supply, and your pump can go in there too.

Keep in mind though, that the longer your tubing is, there's going to be more resistance to the waterflow, but nothing I'd worry about.

I use a 110 volt AC pump, so I don't need a 12 volt line from the computer, the radiator fans have their own little 4 amp power supply.

:welcome:

Back