• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DarthKu

Registered
I just bought a new water cooling kit with parts I picked myself and I was wondering if I had enough cooling power to cool the parts I have. I will be cooling an OC'd XP-M (2500+ running at 2.5 right now more when water is installed) and a BFG geforce 6800 (unlocked pipelines and shader :)). I'll most likely OC that too. Also if anyone else has a 6800 in their loop, has it caused your CPU temps to go up? I heard it warms the loop pretty good.

These are the parts I bought:
Pump: Swiftech MCP655
CPU Block: Swiftech MCW6002-A
GPU Block: Swiftech MCW50
Rad: 2 x Black Ice Pro (using an Antec SLK3700-AMB)
Reservoir

All of this will be running on 1/2in. ID tubing.
My loop will be:
Res->Pump->CPU->Rad->GPU->Rad->Res

I'm really new to watercooling so any input would be great.

if think the order should be pump>rad>cpu>gpu>res>pump

Is that two single black Ice or Dual Black Ice

The order of components in your loop doesnt really matter, as long as the Res or TLine leads into the pump you are fine to do whatever is the easiest tube routing.

With 2x120mm BIP you'll be fine to cool your GPU aswell as CPU, your CPU doesnt put out much heat, your temps may go up 2-3 degress C by adding in the GPU.

PS. Remember to read the stickies, very useful stuff in there.

Back