• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Give me the best $ can buy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cliffwork

Registered
I have all the water cooling components i need, but I am tried for screwing with the P4 problems i am having with my 3.46ee and 3.8, thinking about AMD fx55, Suggestions, the Best Please
MB
AMD CPU
Memory

Thanks

This should go to the general hardware section, considering you aren't asking for cooling components.

Too bad you've had problems with your intel, as I have prob's with my AMD. I'm not exactly an AMD expert but if the FX-55 is socket 939 I would go with Neo Plat 2.

Motherboard: DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR
CPU: AMD FX-55 90nm San-Diego (of course, the new Dual Core X2's are are coming out very soon....)
RAM: Don't know too much about Memory choices, prob something Samsung TCCD, or Winbond UTT or BH5 based.

No to the neo platinum 2!

DFI Nforce4 SLI is what you are lookin for.
I would wait for the fx57 or althon x2 (dual core).
Otherwise, fx55 is good

Memory, Either get tccd or utt ram. tccd is probably better.

^^ agreed,

You want the top end....

Well, I would get

DFI Lan Party Nforce 4
AMD A64 Venice Core Your choice of speed, to OC or not to OC... (for now, soon as the dualies come out snag one of them)
2x Geforce 6800 GT PCI-E (SLI)
Lots of realyl good memory out there, go Mushkin, Kingston, or Corsair, Pretty much any of their top end sticks will do you.

Hey, my neo plat 2 is serving me well, plus its cheap. Then again hes not on a tight budget so, :shrug:

just wondering, Cooling section why?

btw, I would wait for the FX-57 or X2... But i'm not AMD-literate, so I'll reccomend intel systems.

Dual core Extreme edition :drool:

and how bout dual 6800Ultras?

but, back to AMD, DFI Lan Potty :)D) nForce 4-SLi for sure. Then dual 6800Ultra's for the money, OR wait for the 7800 Ultras (G70, right?)

and get low latency, 2x512 sticks (2-2-2-5). The lower latency, the better for AMD

Just and idea, but dunno if these CPUs can be overclocked easily:
Opterons 852 rig (or faster if there are faster) :D
perhaps with phase change cooler hooked to each CPU :D

It would be the fastest PC I think, but I have no idea what's with gaming.

Back