• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

possible Boot optimization?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jcw122

OK go to Start>Run>msconfig...and under the BOOT.INI tab...it lists the "timeout" to be the value of "30"...since when does boot "timeout"? What will happen if i set this to another value like 1 or 0 or 15 or something?

And as a secondary question, under Advanced Options in that tab, what will ticking off /MAXMEM, /CPUNUM, and /PCILOCK do? well i understand what PCI lock might do, but what effects would the others have? TIA guys!

I think that timeout time is for when you must pick what OS you want to load, and it gives you that long to pick or it boots into the first one... but I could be wrong.

If you don't have more than 1 OS installed, then your fine it doesn't make any difference.

PCGUY112887 said:
I think that timeout time is for when you must pick what OS you want to load, and it gives you that long to pick or it boots into the first one... but I could be wrong.

;)

Back