• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEC 2500A burner died?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

N1vek215

Hey now,

I was burning a few cd images the other day on my NEC dual format dvd burner when all of a sudden, the burn percentage indicator in Nero froze at 7%. I tried to cancel the burn and then my computer froze. I rebooted the computer and WinXP did not boot saying that "hal.dll was missing or corrupt" I therefore re-installed WinXP (did not format) but while it was installing the disk read was very very low and took longer than usual to install winXP and all the drivers from there on in. Well I tried to burn some other things with Alcohol 120% this time, and it says "initial burn process failed".

Is my drive done for? Is there something I can do?

Thanks in advance.

how old is it? warranty? I would search their website maybe that model had a conflict.

i never flashed the firmware, it doesn't have a warranty. I bought it off a friend about a year ago who got it from newegg. I might flash it though, I've got nothing to lose.

Well I upgraded the firmware, I can burn DVD's just fine, but I still ahve the same problem with regular cd's :(

Back