• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Poor internet connection

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Metallica God

alright, my internet connection drops quite often, anywhere from every 5 minutes to a couple of hours. Been trying to work this out with my IP but they cant come up with the solution either, already tried replacing all teh components such as cables and the signal has been tested numerous times, yet I continue getting disconnected. We're not even talking about downloading anything, just opening a webpage sometimes gets me disconnected. Does anyone know what the problem is?

I'm running Windows XP SP2.

p.s. forgot to ask, since no solution is on the horizon, would switching to a different IP (specifically from Rogers to Bell Sympatico) resolve the problem?

Last edited:
could be your isp, but its unlikely. most likely its one of your components. you said you replaced everything, but what about the modem or the rj45 connection on your computer?

I have a different modem, which I used a couple of years ago and is supposed to be better, but wasnt working for some reason, i'll give it a shot tomorrow and if it doesnt work then I'll probably switch ISPs

by the time im done, your internet connection will be solid as dried up jb-weld. pm me, to get some contact info and ill run your through a series of steps to figure out whats going on a fix it :)

Back