• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Check out this Blower/heatercore unit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cpufan

Hi- This is a bulldozer heater assembly. I bought it off of ebay a couple of years ago but never got around to using it. I just thought I'd post a few shots of it here for you guys to check out. It is made to run on 24 volts, and has leads for two speeds. It also runs fine on 12 volts, and with two speeds, is fairly quiet. I havn't tried 24 volts yet, but it sure moves a lot of air at the high speed setting on 12 volts.

As you can see, the radiator and blower are combined into one nice black-painted steel shroud. There are monting flanges on the bottom. The inlet and outlet are approximately 1/2" diameter. I think the tubing is brass, but am not sure. It would make an awsome external water cooling rig, or internal if the case is large enough (it wouldn't fit in my Lian-Li PC-75).

Anyway, I just thought I would show it off in case anyone is interested. I'll get around to running some water through it one of these days. It has never been used.
Questions? Comments?

Attachments

• blower1.jpg
    blower1.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 107
  • blower2.jpg
    blower2.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 87
  • blower3.jpg
    blower3.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 83
  • blower4.jpg
    blower4.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 79
That is pretty neat looking.

Hard to tell from the pics, what are the dimensions on the HC? (Measuring tape isn't showing up to well) Looks liek its about 7" long, but how wide and deep is it?

Sorry about that. I meant to post the size. It is approximately 9"x9"x6" overall. The radiator area is approximately 6.25"x5". Sorry the pictures are kind of blurry. I snapped them at lunch today, and forgot to switch my camera to the macro setting.

Hrmm, that would be a neat setup for just the CPU. Rad is a bit small for multipel components, im sure it would get teh job done though, just not setting any temp records.

Cool find.

It moves a lot of air, so it may very well be capable of cooling more than just a CPU. Of course, if you run this thing flat out at 24 volts, you will need ear plugs.

No. I only tried it at 12 volts, and it was a couple of years ago. I can't recall how loud it is compared to other equipment. I'll try to hook it up tonight and listen. I don't have a 24 volt source, so the two speeds on the 12 volt supply will be all I can do.

Back