• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

.....draining my system.......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Slayer2003

This is probably the biggest n00b question, and it has been really hard for me to ask, but now that I've built this thing, and it's been running for almost a month......I want to make some changes to it.

How the heck do I drain it? i guess that's one thing I didn't plan on while putting it together. :p

03.jpg

Put the whole thing in a huge bucket and disconnect the tubes to the radiator and let all the water fall down to the bottom into the bucket. Than tip/shake/mave/whatever the whole box around till all the water is out. I think that would be the easiest way.

jsut unhook the outlet of the pump and hook a small piece of tubing on the outlet, point it towards a bucket or sink or something and trun the pump on. It will squert all the water out :)

Bad idea shellshock. Doing so would make the pump run dry or without enough water which is not good for the pump.

I would recommend just move the computer so that the fittings to the heatercore are over a bucket and then take them loose. And as was said above, you will want to tip it from end to end to get more of the water out.

I put a t with a drain valve on mine which makes it really easy in that I don't have to remove any tubing.

BTW, nice stand and heatercore mounting you have got there. Looks OK.

Back