• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much to charge for making/updating a website

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Leviathan41

Someone has asked me to make them a website, he is a guitar player and wants to put some information about himself on a site as well as sell some of his CDs through PayPal. I don't anticipate it to be anything too complicated, mainly just HTML and a few scripts. I've only made websites for myself, or family members, so don't really have any idea what a fair price would be to charge a customer. I think I am going to charge a certain amount for building it, then a small percentage of the sales, to update and manage the site. What do you think I should charge for creating the site, and what percentage should I get to maintain it?

Don't do the percentage, it will become way to annoying to deal with. Just ask for like 50/100 bux and be done with it. He has his website, you have your money. Or charge $10 an hour.
just my $0.02

Well im doing a biz website, and taking it from frontpage/ie to html and any browser as well as doing a graphical overhaul and reorganization. Im chargin $1500 for the job but then its got to be done by the end of the month.

Back