• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swifttech Thermal Electric cool kit for LGA775

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Illyest

Thermo Electric Cooling IS a Peltier... TEC utilises the peltier effect to cool the cpu/component (one side gets really really hot, other side gets really really cold)

Just my warning on pelts. Make sure to get something to take care of the condensation. Killed a system because I forgot.

To answer your question, no. But I have seen that TEC cooling unit used on a 478 with good results. They used a dual 120mm rad though. This setup uses 2 80mm rads. You probably know this but you can buy all those parts seperately for less than that price.

Illyest said:
But it seems to use water still, but just gets it really, really cold. I'm not entirely sure how the Vapochill and Mach2 do their cooling but I didnt think it was chilled water...
That kit combines tec/peltier with water. There is a tec that is built into the waterblock, and then water is used to cool the hot side of the tec/peltier.
Vapochill and Mach2 systems are phase change. They work basically the same as a fridge or standard household freezer, but are generally colder.

Back