• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help thanks.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DerekDRP

Disabled
ok I run ut2k on windows 2k and i ran fine and nice. no rebooting , and now under xp home every time i gotta reboot ( even galaxies i gotta reboot ).

i have 160+ hdda 512 megs of ram ( the os is not shadowed in the bios ) might be why mybe )...

can you guys help me?

When you installed XP did you start from scratch or did you install over W2K. If it was the latter, I recommend a clean install with harddisk reformat.

I wonder if you have a driver issue. Check to see if there is a later video driver available for your Vid card that was written for XP. Remember to completely uninstall the current video driver before loading a new one.

well its not and its still doing this never did it on w2k pro. except if it where something major major i was doing ( when it was my fault )...

You seem pretty postive about that. How do you know? Have you checked for the latest drivers at all of your hardware websites? This would include the mobo, video card, sound card, network interface card, or any other piece of hardware that you acquired after the release of XP.

Back