• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What to do with tube of t-line

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Patrick_

Registered
Ok, I'm getting really excited now, a ton of questions. :)

As you know, I'm using a T-Line. It will be put right before the pump, and I will have tubing going upward to fill up the T-Line and therefore fill up the loop.

My question is... the tubing that goes up from the top of the T-Line... what do I do with it? Leave it open? I'm asking this because looking at this WC T-Line guide, it looks like he kept the tubing at the top of the T-Line... but do I leave it open, close it somehow... what?

Thanks!

You want to close it up once bled... this will make the system air tight (hopefully) and keep it free of dust and dirt in the water. Go to homedepot of any good hardware store and get a 1/2" barbed fitting with a threaded cap.

nikhsub1 said:
You want to close it up once bled... this will make the system air tight (hopefully) and keep it free of dust and dirt in the water. Go to homedepot of any good hardware store and get a 1/2" barbed fitting with a threaded cap.

Ok... well, do I need to keep that tubing there? I have a little cap here that will fit onto the top of the T-Line. So after the system is filled, can I take off the tubing on the top of the T-Line and put the cap in it's place?

No, you leave the tee line tubing in place and cap the top of the tube... it acts as a mini res.

I used a 1/2" barb with a garden hose brass cap. Works great. Have you gotten that heatercore mounted yet?

if you like you can use a tapped barb, a DD fillport, a capped barb or alternatively i saw someone stick an AA battery in there :)

the danger den T-line top is pretty nice, and to make a real finsihed look for it, get the danger den t-line top and the way its designed you can actually drill a hole out in the top of your case for it so when you need to fill your system you wont have to pull the side panel off.

Danger Den Fill Port

Back