• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to get my toolbar back?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

afs

Registered
hi,

i'm into a little bit trouble, i've lost my toolbar!
no sign of it.Believe me i didn do a thing.
even the win logo key doesnt activate and bring it up!!!
it seems like it's been deleted from the program manager or somethin.
i may need to add that i havent draged it down or closed. it's totaly gone!
so i've lost start menu programs.clock volume ctrl and etc
please help me with this

thanks a lot.

Can you post a Screenshot of your desktop? That may be able to help us. I dont think it can be deleted.

BTW, it is called the Taskbar.

Have you run any AV or Spyware removal programs?

OK, thanks......the problem is with my taskbar. i correct myself.
it didn work kendan.

what shall i do to take it back?
there may be a clue, yesterday i just plugged my friends monitor to test.
it was a 21 inch sony.after that i plugged my own 15 inch then i guess i ran into this problem.!!!!?????

You may have inadvertently moved/hidden the taskbar somehow...try clicking and dragging on the edges of the screen, that may bring it back.

hey man! that's not what i did.
if i've made it hidden or moved or if my screen size doesnt strecth enough to show it, so the win reserved keys should have poped it up to some extent, but when i hit it nothing happens.
btw:what specific setting you mean Kendan?
I'm gonna try a fresh instalation of xp.

Open taskmanager and check under "processes" if you have explorer.exe running (while all IE and explorer filemanager windows are closed!)

If there is none and ctrl+esc and the win key both don't give you the start menu, some crappy malware might have changed the "shell" entry in your registry. autoruns from sysinternals.com will show it if it's like this.

Back