• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

low budget wc'ing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hainer36

in canada and as you can see in my sig, my case is f 'in huge so space and size of stuff doesnt really matter, i need some cheap but good watercooling (i have been told by parents that "if you have watercooling, you're computer wont be in the house") i need it to be really cheap but it must be good, i have an xp-120, must give better results than it, must be available in canada and is to be used with system in sig. i can take used parts as well :D

ps i have the tubing already 6ft of 1/2" ID (from a free sample i got from an online store) so then everything has to be 1/2" ID

Last edited:
usd but you can find the conversion rate somewhere online

$5-10: 10 gallon bucket
$15: Via aqua 1300
$10-20: any old used waterblock
$10: cheap tubing + clamps

about $50 usd.

pwnt by pat said:
usd but you can find the conversion rate somewhere online

$5-10: 10 gallon bucket
$15: Via aqua 1300
$10-20: any old used waterblock
$10: cheap tubing + clamps

about $50 usd.
is that gonna be good, or will my xp-120 be better? oh i forgot to add before im working with about a 100-150 usd limit (prefer cheapest)

ohh 150 dollars usd limit is good for a watercooling setup, you dont hafta go deathly cheap. do you want a gpu cooler too? the classifieds section is your friend. i saw a whitewater for 35 bucks shipped to the us, it might be more shipped to canada though.

i just got a nv silencer 5 with some as5 on it, im good for vid card cooling atm, but i wanna know if a 2 heatercore/rad setup or just 1 big hc/rad would be better?
im set for fans basically, no northbridge cooling, no vid card cooling, so im looking for
s478 block
pump
reservoir/t-line(if someone tells me how to use it)
rad/rads
if i need anything else, lemme know, im not really looking for prices, but looking for what to get

hows this for a set-up
waterblock- dangerden copper rbx for s478 (find on a forum for cheap)
pump and reservoir- Swiftech MCRES-1000P™ 5 1/4" Bay Res & MCP350 Pump
rad/heatercore- a heatercore/rad that can have 2 120mm (on 1 side fans) on it (forums cheapo)
fans- i got panaflos, sanyo denki's (thanks d94) and other 120mm's
others- distilled water, hydrix, anti-freeze (or could i use chlorine since i have a pool), ive got 6 ft of 1/2" ID tubing, some as5
if im missing anything or should change something lemme know

Don't use chlorine - that won't play nicely with your metals at all. Get some of the long-mileage type antifreeze from an auto parts store. It should be orange, not green.

dam no chlorine, :( ive got so much tho :D so good anti-freeze not crap stuff...check anything else to add to this?

Ditch the res and use a $3 t-line. For a pump, get a via aqua 1800 for about $25+shipping. It is AC, not DC, but is highly recommended here. If you are going to spend the price of the MCP350, you may as well get a MCP655/D5. Get a dual heatercore. It is better than two different rads. I would be looking in the classifieds here on OC like others have mentioned. You can get good stuff at decent prices.

You use it to fill and bleed the loop. The air rises to the top until it is all out of the system. The problem with a T Line is it takes forever to bleed compared to minutes with a res. I have both myself.

Back