• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which board with 3.2-3.4v memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

murdok5

Im looking for a new board to use with some UTT or BH-5.

I want to do minimal modding, and want to have around 3.4v RAM stable. are there any boards like this??? socket 478 only.

Mike

No. 3.2v is the max that I have seen.

775 or 478?

AS8s work with a booster.

Almost any MB can be modded.

yeah booster is fine, and 478....said that somewhere up there.....anything with a booster is fine also...more concerned with VTT

trying not to mod....

AS8 vtt stable if you go to 3.4ish?

Mike

murdok5 said:
yeah booster is fine, and 478....said that somewhere up there.....anything with a booster is fine also...more concerned with VTT

trying not to mod....

AS8 vtt stable if you go to 3.4ish?

Mike

AS8 is 775 and it tracks VTT very well.

AI7 is probally your best bet. Its very similair to the AS8. Not sure if it can take a booster, and I can't risk any more MBs trying. With a volt mod it tracks VTT very well. ~0.1v less than 3.3v rail. I have taken mine to 3.6v.

hmmmm.....

descisions....i may wait for a new dual core, cause i am running 265 1:1 right now, but barely stable.

i dont think the TCCD ocz i have likes intel. Memtests fine at like 290, but windows is a no go. that was the reason to get new board.

what voltage/settings you have on your OCZ?

murdok5 said:
hmmmm.....

descisions....i may wait for a new dual core, cause i am running 265 1:1 right now, but barely stable.

i dont think the TCCD ocz i have likes intel. Memtests fine at like 290, but windows is a no go. that was the reason to get new board.

what voltage/settings you have on your OCZ?

Its probally the chipset crapping out.

I have chipsets give me problems long before the memory the majority of the time in an Intel system. Especially with high FSB.

Best I could run was ~280 stock. You usually need mods and what not to run 1:1 past that point.

Try 5:4 or even 3:2 as that will lower the load on the NB a lot and should give the MB more head room.

I can run my AI7 300fsb 5:4 but only 270 1:1 and its not the RAM.

5:4.....doesnt that mean the ram is SLOWER than the NB?

not at home.....cant remember, but can u clock ram HIGHER than NB?

murdok5 said:
5:4.....doesnt that mean the ram is SLOWER than the NB?

not at home.....cant remember, but can u clock ram HIGHER than NB?

Some 865PE Mbs can run the RAM faster than the NB. I have yet to see an 875P MB do it.

5:4 does mean that the RAM is running slower than the NB, but it takes the load off the NB.

Trust me, it allows for a higher FSB.

okay.....so if i use 5:4, my ram runs ALOT slower than its rate than its rated.

adding 20 mhz to the FSB, and losing 20-25 on the ram isnt goin to help bandwith or anyhting right?

murdok5 said:
okay.....so if i use 5:4, my ram runs ALOT slower than its rate than its rated.

adding 20 mhz to the FSB, and losing 20-25 on the ram isnt goin to help bandwith or anyhting right?

Its 5:4.

Only way to know is to try.

You wanted to know how to get a high FSB, and thats the way. That or mod the MB. Voltage always helps.

The only 478 mobo I've heard about that has vdimm more than 3.2v is Epox.

With i865/i875 chipsets, if you are using 800 bus CPUs, they won't allow you to run the RAM faster than FSB.

Fishy is correct, if you want high O/C, you might need to drop down to the 5:4 ratio. Yes, this will lose a little memory bandwidth potential, but if you can raise the FSB high enough and if it allows you to run tigher RAM timings, overall performance will still increase.

ill give it a try when i get home...

i jsut hate having to flash bios with all my **** in the case, its a pain.

thx guys

mike

murdok5 said:
ill give it a try when i get home...

i jsut hate having to flash bios with all my **** in the case, its a pain.

thx guys

mike

Why do you need to flash your BIOS? Did I miss somehting?

OC things too high, testing settings....etc....i made a switch for it to install on back when i get home though, so i can change jumper without opening case

Back