• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ethernet printer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JerkasaurusRex

I am looking for a printer than i can plug into my router so i dont have to have the ocmputer it is connected to on to print. Any sub $150 printers you guys can reccomend? I need it to be able to print in color for school work and projects and stuff. Being able to print digital pictures from my digi cam would be a nice addition too but not neccesary. Any suggestions?

Constantinos said:
I dont have a wireless network in my house, i dont trust wireless. I need it to be wired.
I know. I print server is just a devide you plug you printer into and then you plug it into your network with a ethernet cable.

They can be wireless, but you can get just plain old wired ones as well.

I have a wired Linksys PSUS4 print server for my home network. Its easy to set up. Just plug into your router and your printer and install the software on each machine you wish to print from. I print to it from XP and W2K machines and have not had any problems. It is also a 4 port network switch to expand your wired connections if necessary.

Ok, thanks guys. I didnt know about print servers and now i do.

Thank you so much, i learn something new everyday here and i have been here for almost 2 years now too. I love these forums.

Back