• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best pentium 3 slot 1 (450, 700mhz) mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zer0nix

^topic

i've got 2 slot1 p3s laying around that 'might' still be alive; one is 450mhz and the other is 700mhz... which is the best mobo for either or both of these processors? what about one that supports sdr (got 2 sticks totalling 512mb that also 'might' be alive)? many thanks in advance!

The classic Abit BE6-II is the best one that comes to my mind. But, an Abit BH6 might work too if you aren't trying to overclock too much.

woot! at least now i know what to do if i ever intend on using these old components... many thanks!

Also the Asus p3v4x is a great Mobo. One of the most stable I have ever used. Mine took my p3 800 to 1200mhz(8x150) semi stablely on home made water and 1000mhz on air. Also this board seemed to like randomly resurecting sticks of ram that where supposed to be dead on other motherboards.

I just sold an Abit AX6BC that ran my PIII 600EB just great with a whole bunch of mixed memory. You can find many different slot 1 boards for sale on the forum boards for around $15 to $20.

Back