• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OK I'm really stuck here. I NEED HELP!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ElGriton

I'm upgrading a pc for a friend. here are the old specs.

Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe
Barton 2800+
1GB kingston

The only thing I'm changing is the cpu to a 3200+. For some reason the thing keeps turning OFF!!! When is does the power led stays on but everything else shuts down... I can't get windows to install. I can get to the bios and watch the temps and it never goes above 48c. I don't know what to do here I'm stuck, it's getting late and he wants it back tomorrow. :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head

Edit:
I just noticed the voltages look odd.

vcore = 1.68
3.3 = 3.28
5 = 4.81
12 = 12.86 sometimes as high as 12.93

Last edited:
Those temps do seem a bit high, as when you are in the bios it is pretty much at idle. Load it probably is around or higher than 60C- not good. It may need a new hsf. Also may need a new psu.

My Recomendation

I would start over taking special care on the seating of the cpu and heatsink.
I recommend using an alternative power supply to test the unit with.
Let us know how this turns out.Good Luck

Turning off without errors sounds like overheating. I had the same problem and it turned out to be a problem with the seating of the heatsink. Hope you can figure it out.

What have you changed since last it ran stable? If it's just the processor then put the old one in and see if it works for a few hours. Their is a very good possibility it's the PSU but I wouldn't go buy a replacement till I ruled out the CPU. Also the voltages are a little off but for the most part in spec. My mobo overvolts my processor to 1.70 but it runs fine.

Back