• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Probs with P4P800SE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

prettycoolguy47

I've just done a little upgrading on my board, processor and memory. I'm having trouble overclocking though. When I set it to manual where I'm able to adjust the FSB and vcore, I'm having problems even hitting 3ghz. Now interesting that when I overclock using their 10, 20 and 30% increments it works fine. Unfortunately I'm unable to go past 20%. Is there something I'm missing, or is there something wrong with this board?

Jack I understand the principals of overclocking. There's two ways to overclock this board and one way isn't functioning properly, and I was wondering why?

When I do it manually I'm able to adjust the AGP/PCI bus to 66/33. I'm thinking that maybe some of the manual settings aren't holding. Anyone else ever have a similar problem with this board?

so far ive just used the automatic overclocking, unfortunately at 10% the system tends to hang up and or restart. I really dont understand why as my voltages or temps arent going high or anything.

Where were you able to do it manually? I couldnt figure it out in the bios...

As has been said the auto overclocking has probly changed you ram dividers and lossened up the timings.
I guess your using pc3200 ddr400 so try setting your ram to 166 then see how far you get.

When I go back to the manual overclocking, which is what I want to do, I do change the CPU frequency, vcore, memory timings and dram voltage. I've kicked the vcore up to 1.7 manually at only 220FSB with no luck. I'm doing the 20% without a hitch on the 20% auto overclock which is 240FSB. So it's not the CPU.

Last edited:
i have had problems with adjusting both my Vcore and ram voltage on this board. If I try to make it lower say 1.525 Vcore it will go to 1.696 Vcore instead.

when i turn it to auto Vcore it stays around 1.58-1.63 Vcore.

i wish i knew of a way to fix this..

this is just my two cents here, but have you tried updating your bios?
i ran into similar issues with a prescott celeron on an older is7-e board i run,
it also would not save any settings until i updated the bios,
maybe it'll work for you too.
good luck!

I thought about that, along with dumping this board on ebay.....hehe. I haven't flashed a bios since my Abit BE6II...do you still need a floppy drive?....LOL

with the p4p800 se you just have to go into the asusupdate feature, it flashes for ya, i get almost the same problem with my vcore but not as bad, set it at 1.465(?) and its 1.48

The vcore will change due to VID.
As i have said before have you tried dropping the ram speed to 166?

I don't have the option to drop 166, the only options I have are 266, 400, 500, and 533. There are no ram dividers on this board which shock me, considering my older P4PE does. If you leave the ram speed on "auto" it runs 1:1. I did flash the bios which helped, but there are still tons of problems when you manually try to overclock this thing. I was going to RMA the board back to Newegg, but they're not allowing me too. If I have a prob I have to deal with Asus. I'm just going to have to find another board, this is ridiculous.

The ram speeds you just stated are the ram dividers.
The p4p800se should have a a ram divider called 320 and that should run the ram at 166.

The p4p800se should have a a ram divider called 320 and that should run the ram at 166.
I agree. You also need a droop mod to fix your vcore problem, no amount of bios flashing is going to fix that problem.

-=jonnyrotten=-

Jenka your right, I had been running a P4PE for years, and it was set up much more efficiently then this board. However I do have a prob with my vcore settings.

-=jonnyrotten=- said:
I agree. You also need a droop mod to fix your vcore problem, no amount of bios flashing is going to fix that problem.

-=jonnyrotten=-

i figured because i've got the latest bios and it still does nothing. i think that's the only thing that will fix the vcore problem.

Vcore goes up and down quite a bit due to load on the cpu because of VID right?

Back