• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The ultimate 1337 keyboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I love the concept, I wonder how good it is... On second thought, my mom would become extremely confused if they keys had nothing written on them... I'll just stick to my logitech :)

Counda said:
I love the concept, I wonder how good it is... On second thought, my mom would become extremely confused if they keys had nothing written on them... I'll just stick to my logitech :)

Imagine the sheer leetness of using it on a LAN :cool:

Oni said:
Look, I can do it for cheeper.

It's not just that the keys are blank. Read the specs, and you will find that they also finetuned the ergonomy of the keys, depending on their location.

pshhh, the specs are bull. i'm looking at the pics and it's a normal black keyboard that didn't get the key labels printed on them. it was probably just a factory screw up, but someone in marketing had a lightbulb go off in their head. "hey, we can sell this to gullible geeks!"

Most keyboards use a standard 55 grams of force required to register every key, Das Keyboard has 5 different levels of force. The keys are divided into groups and their feedback springs are weighted differently; from 35 grams to 80 grams, which correspond to the strength of the finger that touches the keys. The result is more comfort for your hands.

Until it's released, we won't know if they are just ****ting us or actually giving realistic specs.

and until its released, we won't know if its good or not.

I had a keyboard like that; I just painted it myself.

Aside from the terrible paint job that led to really sticky and painful keys, I loved it. I now have a Kinesis keyboard, which is reallly really good. I would never go back to a keyboard with a standard layout like the Das keyboard.

I recommend that anyone who's interested in this join the altkeyboards yahoo group.

I would just buy a nice or cheaper keyboard. And use nail polish remover, or some sort of strong liquid to remove the writtings.
Thanks

i did a mod like that on a logitech keyboard. alot cheaper than buying that keyboard. but i suppose it wasnt as ergonomic...not that it matters to me :)

anyways it does look pretty sweet and intimidating

750.gif

elite = P

rebelwarlock said:
pshhh, the specs are bull. i'm looking at the pics and it's a normal black keyboard that didn't get the key labels printed on them. it was probably just a factory screw up, but someone in marketing had a lightbulb go off in their head. "hey, we can sell this to gullible geeks!"

LMAO That is too funny.

rebelwarlock said:

ya, i agree, i just think there full of bs

weighted keys.......rofl

zip22 said:
it wouldnt be that hard to use different springs for different keys.

Exactly, but how many companies take that effort? If done correctly it could make for a whole lot more pleasant typing experience.

Is this a joke?

Honestly, how much work can go into making a l33t keyboard :eh?: This is almost as dumb as the WC3/EQ keyboards and that stupid /pizza command.

Come on guys, let's not get sucked in by petty marketing :-/

Sorry, but I refuse to pay $70 ~ 80 for a plain keyboard that some guys had their way on. At the end of the day, my Logitech Elite Keyboards are all that I need. Hopefully others will feel the same.

deception``

Back