• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rejoining the Hardcore-- Bayrez + safety?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Element-Xero

Hey guys. I went casual for a year or so, but I'm gonna be going back to water as soon as I buy a GPU block, probably next week. I blame it on coming back to OCforums; that inspiration plus a new job = empty wallet + head full of ideas.

This case is going to be 50% for show, 10% for quiet, and 40% for performance. In that regard, I wanted to know what people thought of adding a dual 3.5" bay acryllic bay-rez to the setup. I am aware that they add an irrelevent cooling gain at best, and a slight performance loss at worst (loss in pressure), but I am more concerned with leakage and safety than the theoretical pros and cons of one in my loop.

What is the most well-constructed, durable bay-rez? And even then, is it well-constructed enough for me to feel comfortable with it in my rig? I have always used T-lines in my setups, but like I said, this rig will be for show as well as performance, and I'm going with a brushed aluminum/red theme, so a bayrez bubbling with red water (maybe LED illuminated) would add a really nice touch to the bezel.

What's the verdict? Anyone a long-time rez user with no leaks? Anyone hosed a system due to a leaking rez? Make me comfortable so I can pimp my box.

Gracias.

Element-Xero said:
Also, what is currently the best price/performance block for a 6600GT?

(READ: good enough but not the best)

You basicly got 2 choices here:
1. Danger Dan Maze 4
2. Swifty MCW50

They are about the same price and about the same performance altough the MCW50 takes the Maze 4 by a hair.

I'm not a res guy so I couldn't help you with that.

Silverprop makes nice gpus blocks called i think Cyclone Fusion

Check out the molded plastic bay resivoirs (sold by swift, dtek and dd).

He wants the res for looks.

If you get a Acrylic res just make shure to not use ANY Alcahole or solvant based coolant additives. and just re-inforce the sides with epoxy or some thing then they aut to be just peachy.

The Danger Den acrylic 3.5" bay reservoirs should work OK. I've still got a couple in a box from last year -- the project they were going to go into was postponed into oblivion. The quality of the ones I received was fine and I haven't heard anyone say the current ones are worse so.... Just use plastic fittings--I have heard of people cracking them using brass fittings--and silicone sealant since plumbers goop will absorb the color of any additives and that will look tacky. Clear silicone will stay clear.

You could always consider making one. That way you can make it to whatever specs you want. I might even make a place to mount a blue led for looks. I am planning on doing this as there are no premade reservoirs that would come near to the size/shape I am looking for. I am going to use 1/4" acrylic. I got IPS weld 4 for the glue joints, and a drill and tap set to make the threads. I just have to pick up a couple of plastic barbs from ACE hardware and pull out the table saw.

Back