• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

It's all inside....almost (Picture Heavy)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daddyjaxx

I started all over and moved my setup from a Stacker to the UFO-2 case. There defintely is some room in this sucker. I have everything in it but the res and that's just because I like the way it looks now. I put it pretty much together last Saturday, but I did a lousy wiring job and spent almost 7 hours yesterday redoing it.

Before top with all the wires going everywhere. I originally used the 3.5" drive holder that came with the case:

beforetop2dh.jpg

Here's after I cleaned up the wires and removed that huge caddy and cleaned up the wires the best I could. There's only so much you can hide in a square box.:

top9xs.jpg

Here's the front:

front9ap.jpg

And the left side with all the goodies:

leftinside4fl.jpg

And the right with other stuff:

rightinside8va.jpg

pretty good looking, i always wanted to see someone use one of those round "fan type" of resivoirs.

:EDIT:

i wish i could get a ufo case..... with all that much room it makes me wanna put 2, yes 2 systems in it!

that would be a pretty good project for SOMEONE :rolleyes: to think of,

hint.....hint....hint.......... someone out there crazy enough :)

Last edited:
Daddy,
I just received my Typhoon rez and am anxious to install it.
What do you think of it so far?

Why have a reservoir AND a T-line?

The res stinks. I'm thinking about sending is back to Frozen CPU. The fill hole should be on the top and not on the front.

I had a major leak yesterday on my "homemade" T Line that I had siliconed a temp sensor from my Gatewatch in. The water temps kept rising from like 30c to 54c and I couldn't figure what was going on as the CPU temp was unchanged. Apparently I hadn't epoxyed the wire well enough and water was running through the wire until it leaked out.

I looked at my res and saw the air bubbles and I'm thinking what the.... Then I look in the case and see the bottom with pink water in it and water dripping from the T Line. No water near anything important, so I shut off the system and replace the T with a coupler I had. I should have replaced the whole tube, but it runs to the CPU and I didn't want to have to go through removing the w/b and leak testing again.

Back to the res problem. Where the fill hole is located, I could never get all the air out. I'd fill it until it overflowed and air would still be there. I'm playing on the system last night and all I hear is my D4 and water running. I can stand the D4, but not the water sound. I go to try to top it off and the stopper's slot is already so wasted, I can't get anything in it to turn it. The plastic is so soft, it tears up when you try to use anything to turn it. I was using two quarters and it was ripping it up, forget a screwdriver.

I took the res out tonight and rerouted the tubing on a T Line config only. The funny thing is I start filling up the system and hook the D4 up to my spare PSU to bleed the system and hook up my PSU tester just to get started and flip the switch and nothing.....pump no workie. I'm thinking WTF. I just moved the pump. I've never run it dry or abused it and I can't figure what's going on....until I see I apparently cut the ground wire when removing a cable tie. :bang head Nothing a wire stripper and some electrical tape couldn't fix. :)

I'm bleeding it now.

The red theme is by accident. The Dex Cool I use actually looks orange. I have to put a boatload of Frozen CPU red dye in just to make it hot pink. You should see the tubes when I drain the water....pink.

Back