• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How long does it take for Sandra2005 to load?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deam

On my p5ad2-e setup, with XP2, it takes nearly 1-2 minutes. Is this normal?

It did it on my old system as well. I wonder if it's the Audigy, and the hacked drivers I'm using, because I do lose sound when it is running. (i.e. when Sandra runs)

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr said:
Have you reformatted the HDD since your new mobo / gotten a new drive? If you havn't already .. do that and your problems might be fixed.

Yeah, I did fresh reinstall. The common link between the two is the audigy.

Take out the Audigy and uninstall drivers, if your sandra / windows boot up at faster times ... try to reinstall the drivers on the soundcard when you have made your conclusion.

Well, I disabled the Audigy, no diff, then I did removed all the PCI cards, leaving only my XFX 6600GT PCI-E, and still, 2 minute start time. I am trying now with a fresh XP install.

Update: Fresh install with no PCI cards and C-media Intel audio caused same problem. I have a feeling, like my old computer, the overclocking must have something to do with it, but I use Sandra so rarely that I can't be bothered to start messing around with stable settings.

I did'nt experience any lag with my P5P800, Audigy, XFX 6600GT, and Sandra. Same for the AS8. Not sure why this seems so common, wonder if it's perhaps a chipset driver issue? What version of the driver are you running?

I'm running the latest Intel driver, I don't recall the number, but it is fairly recent. However, this also occured on my BD7-Raid, which is an 845D chipset. I don't really understand what it could be.

Well, I didn't bother turnign off the overclocking, but I don't see what it is that is causing Sandra to take a minute to load.

Let me add my 2 cp here :) 2.8C on a IC7-MAX3: Sandra05 opens in a few secs. I "upgraded" to a 3.2E CO a year ago and Sandra05 took noticably longer to open, maybe 20-30secs. Now I have the setup in sig and sandra05 still takes 20-30secs to open. I think it has something to do with preshots personally. The IC7-MAX3 rig has stock audio and sandra05 still took a little bit to open up with the 3.2E in it. Tests take little longer to complete also but the scores are right on par with the norm. The 2.8C is back in my alt rig now as I got sick of 63C load temps watercooled with the CO :mad:

just out of curiousity, does anyone that have that long lag use a floppy drive? I've noticed that each time I open Sandra (took around 8 seconds), it probed for a floppy drive.

I have a floppy drive, but on both my systems Sandra takes a minute or more to load:

System 1: Abit Bd7-Raid, [email protected], 1Gb of Ram, Ti4200 AGP

System 2: Asus P5AD2E-delux, P4 531J [email protected], 1Gb of OCZ DDR2, XFX 6600GT PCI-E.

Common parts: Audigy, ATI TV Wonder Pro, FX5200 PCI.

Same issue on both machines.

Anyone have any update inf oon this issue, as I am at a loss.

Well, I've finially linked it to my hard drives. I currently have 5 HDs and 2 Roms connected, one of which is SATA. I will fiddle some more to figure it out. Removing all cards and using default didn't fix it, but pulling all but one of the drives did.

It turned out to be the DVD and DVDR drive...for some reason, when they are connected, Sandra takes a really long time to load.

Back