• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Biohazard: Build Log - Pic heavy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheMainFrame

Hello and welcome to my first water cooling build

Some of the key componets arrived today and either tommorow or saterday i will be gettin my dual heater core

Shown is my 655 pump, 8 feet of 1/2" tygon tubing and a 6002 water block

Ima grab a t line and hose clamps at the local store

Now for some before pics of the computer

Im going to replace the 2 side fans with ones with UV LED's as well as the top and one for the back.. the round cables are already UV reactive but are canceled out by the brightnes of the Blue LED's.. Then some UV dye for the water and it should look nice

Last edited by a moderator:
During Process

Ok so here are the leak test pics i promised.. and one of the mounted rad

Heres a pic of the 120mm x 38mm Panaflo fans.. pic makes em look small but there monsters in person

And now a nice pic of how i mounted my Rad

One of how its all gonna look inside the computer.. Had to undo the connections on the block to get it mounted so im doing yet another leak test... better safe than sorry

As you can see it coming along.. gonna start to put my componets back in and mount the fans on top of the rad in a pull configuration.. ill take one more pic mid install and then the rest prob tommrow night with everything together

Last edited:
OK some finished pics :)

And ill throw in a pic of the tubes with some UV light.. i got a clear dye that glows blue under UV light.. and when i get the UV LED fans it will look real sweet

Well as i mentioned earlier i am getting some 80mm fans that have UV lightes in them.. this way the water will really glow nice in the dark.... I will add some pics when i get them but it prob will be like a week till then

Last edited:
Very nice clean looking build.

I see that you already noticed you posted in the wrong section. I'm sure some nice mod whose is tired of lurking will come and move it for you.

<intercom> Attention Mod needed cleanup cooling section.

Ok looks like ill have to wait till tommorow to pick up the rest of the equipment..

Black Ice Xtreme II
Blue UV Dye
T-Line
and some varios hose clamps and supplies

Also.. anyone know where i can get some 80mm and 120mm fans with Black light UV LED's on them?

Ive seen a few UV reactive fans but i want them to give there own Ultra Violet Light

Last edited:
Well i got some stainless steel clamps for the tubing and 2 diffrent T-lines they had a Home depot.. ! is the standard 1/2" t-line and the other is a "Quick Connect" T-line. Besides the fact that im not sure how this thing works... does anyone recommend using somthing like this? or should i just stick to the standard T-line?

I was going to pickup my BIX II and some panaflo 120mmx38mm fans but the shop i goto (directron) decided that they where gonna close on saterday (today) and that they would be open on Memorial Day (Monday) Im not sure of the rationality on that but looks like im waiting till monday :(

Well im off the the srore to get my BIXII and the last of the supplies...

Unfortunaly i wont have my digicam till tommorow so my pics might have to be Web cam pics which wont be of the highest qualiity.. but the finished pics will be on my digicam so we can ll look forwad to that LoL

OK so no picks till tommorow with my digicam

Let me tell ya.. this is my first WC setup and the setup itself if not for the weak of heart :p

I gutted the rig and realized my best bet is gonna be mounting the Rad on the top with a little hangover for the barb in the back. So i got some spacers and im going to mount that sucker right up there and run the tubing in the back. Ahh the lovely art of WCing a Mid tower :)

So it all hooked up.. most of it next to my computer and it leak testing now..

Ima let it run till tommorow and ill take pics of the leak test setup and then begin installation of all my componets and the attaching everything to its new home...

Getting all the water in the loop is very interesting.. hehe

So tomorows post will be in my "During" section that i reserved.. see ya all then :)

OK as you might be able tot ell from the pics i made the tubing to long for it all to fit in case with out kinking... Guess thats what ime here for.. learn from my mistakes..

So i got all the tubing cut to the right lenght and got the block mounted on the MB.. Ill take one last photo for the during section with just the mobo and WC stuff.. then the rest will be finished product :)

GerrFel said:
How much does that case normally run and were those side fans stock or aftermarket?

Case was $54 and the fans where stock

it also came with some crappy 400w PSU

I've been interested in starting a watercooling setup of my own, and even though my case is less than 1 year old, I'll need a larger one to do it.

Back