• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Black/Silver Xtreme III Project (56K warning)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OCS911

I am moving from Intel to AMD so big clean up on my watercooling parts too so these are the parts:

AMDParts.JPG

After 6 months of used, dusts all over the fins so any ideas how to clean it up?

XtremeI.JPG

More update will coming soon!

You don't need anything special to clean it up. A sink full of soapy water and a sprayer. Or you could use engine degreaser and a garden hose but only want to leave the degreaser on for about 30 seconds before rinsing it off with the garden hose. One with a spray nozzle would be better for clearing all the dirt and gunk out of the fins.

should I use Lian Li PC-75 Case or PC-V2100 Case for watercooling? I can take pics of both cases if anyone needs an idea how is it looks like

Lian Li PC-75 is the one that I'm using with my Intel rig but wonder if V2100 will benefit over PC-75 about airflow or better wire management cuz I am very bad at wiring so my case full of wires :)

XtremeIII.JPG

OCS911 said:
Lian Li PC-75 is the one that I'm using with my Intel rig but wonder if V2100 will benefit over PC-75 about airflow or better wire management cuz I am very bad at wiring so my case full of wires :)

XtremeIII.JPG

Where did you buy that grill at? That is sweet. I want one. Well 2 actually.

go for the pc-75, its much easier to WC than the 2100's, mainly because it has much more open space

also... i question why you got the PC P&C SLI PSU when you got the ultra-d motherboard

and also, what AMD CPU is hiding in the OEM package?

edit: as far as cleaning the rad goes, get a sink (preferably a deep sink) full of soapy water, and then swish the rad up and down in it to force water through the fins - or you can do this with a garden hose or something as well - just as long as you have something that can get all the crap out of the fins

Sneaky said:
go for the pc-75, its much easier to WC than the 2100's, mainly because it has much more open space

also... i question why you got the PC P&C SLI PSU when you got the ultra-d motherboard

and also, what AMD CPU is hiding in the OEM package?

I might go to SLI in future so SLI PSU will comes in handy, AMD Athlon64 3800+ CBBLE 0504EPMW Stepping, two people from XS got it up very high overclocking with that stepping but I'm not sure about mine since I am trying to get use to AMD board and tweaking

lol, i prefer fan filters over grills - with two cats & a dusty house, the grills save A LOT of crap from going into my PC

Looks and sounds like a good project so far. As far as cases go, go with the PC-75 or better yet the PC-73SL. Its basically the 75 with a front cover and sound deadning material. The V series cases look just as cool but the insides along with the upside down motherboard position are a little harder to work with when water cooling.

100_0165.jpg

100_0153.jpg

100_0162.jpg

OCS911 said:
should I use Lian Li PC-75 Case or PC-V2100 Case for watercooling? I can take pics of both cases if anyone needs an idea how is it looks like
If you want to keep the radiator internal, go with the PC-75. I managed to put a BIX III into a V2100, but I lost 2 5.25" bays and it still covers a good sized part of the motherboard. And, enough of the motherboard is covered that I don't think it would even be possible to do SLI, so if you're heading that direction stick with the PC-75. Here's what it looks like http://www.ocforums.com/showpost.php?p=3649671&postcount=63

I bought V2100 long ago cuz I love it that much but haven't had a chance to use it so I guess I'm keep PC-75 for my AMD system, here is an update on Storm mounted:

Storm.JPG

I would like to have a tower that big but I simply can't fit it into the computer compartment inside of our computer roll-top desk. And given both space constraints and my wife's preferences, I'm relegated to the inside of the desk.

Back