• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DYI waterblock pt. 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

noxqzs

DIY waterblock pt. 2

I finally got the time to finish the block I started last week. The bracket to mount it is still nonexistent, but should be easy enough to manufacture. I plan on showing it in pt.3 with the block mounted in a loop under load. Hope everyone likes it, and could make suggestions.

ENTER

Last edited:
*Very nice*

I like it a lot. I wish I had the tools you have, they're very nice as well. :cool:

It looks like it'll work great. I like the finish on the base. Its one of those my-waterblock-shines-better-than-my-mirror finishes which always have that nice bling factor to them. I'll enjoy seeing the results.

How on earth do you have equiptment like that? That is a serious setup you have going there. Very sweet.

that is one nice *** block.
-start testing for temps and see how you compair to the other blocks

awesome job man... awesome job :thup:

glad to see you took our suggestion from the other thread and made diamond-shaped pins instead of the squares :)

edit: btw, where can i get some of that .05 micron polishing compound?? :bday:

thanks everyone,

I knew this crowd would like it, and yes Sneaky, I took your advice with the diamond shape. The scrap block you see in the background has a few expletives with your name yelled at it while trying to wing the measurements on those diamonds. :p

Its gonna be a long weekend and I plan on making good use of it outdoors, so hopefully part 3 will be the weekend after.

here is the site where you can get the polish and a few other goodies.
http://shop.buehler.com/
http://www.buehler.com/

this is where i buy most of my tools from.
http://www1.mscdirect.com/cgi/nnsrhm

I'll give you 10$ for your mill!

Nice block though, very professional result, I'd be interested to see how it performs, whats the thickness of the copper above the cpu die?

i can't speak
there r no words to describe how nice this block is

all i can say is "Wish I had yuor tools" (not the first, and defenetly not the last to say it)

You won't get any suggestions from me, that block is about perfect. And if you can do that kind of work, I'm sure the bracket will be no problem, just make sure the bracket ensures even mounting pressure.

Make sure you give us your temps when you mount it. If you can, I would love to see a comparison to block of known performance.

:thup:

you could probably find all kinds of work doing these for other people! NOT to mention custom DOTHAN retention brackets :)

only one quibble here: the thread has the header DYI , to my eye it looked like Do Yourself In, then i read it and was pleasantly surprised

much props though keep it up!

You'd better post this in the ProCooling forums, theres a bunch of people there (some of them here as well) that make their own blocks, and yours is a piece of art.

edit: wow Im lazy, I would have seen it easily on the proforums if I actually looked :p

Last edited:
wow, very slick! I have a friend who's planning out his own DIY waterblock, I'm definitely going to show him this to give him some ideas :D That waterblock looks quite professional. Kudos!

you know after buying my wateerblocks im wondering if I should have paid you to make them! That looks incredible.... extremely professional!

And yeah ill agree with the rest... I wish I could affford/have all those nice tools!

Back