• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Outlook 2k Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nerd4life

I'm still using Outlook 2000. I've got an old email account with about 4k emails in it. I'm trying to find a way for outlook to download all of those emails, but only keep the emails from people that are within my contacts list, if not then delete it.

Anyone got any ideas ?

Thanx

Figured out a way to make it work.

Rules I put in, in the correct order:

1) Basically says "If incoming message is not sent to ME, delete it"

I found this has gotten rid of about 95%, or more, of the spam that was on this old email account of mine. Most of the either don't have the email sent to my email address, not sure how I still received them but whatever.

2) To help me sort out any junk I may have left over, the second rule says
"Move all messages from people on my contact list to the folder 'Other Inbox' "

So anyone that is not on my contacts list will go to my normal inbox folder, and I can check to see if I want to put that person on my contacts list or delete them or whatever later. All my family and what not goes to my other folder now.

Noone probably cares about these but figured I'd post an answer to my own question anyways. =P

Back