• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual cores working with 865/875 chipsets?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm fairly sure the dual core procs won't even work on the i925 chipsets. If that's true, then no way will they work on the i865/i875 hybred mobos. Like I said, I think you need to get the new i955 chipset.

DFI has a bios out for their i865PE LGA775 board (865PE-TAG) that supports Dual core. Not too sure if this means all of the other's are potentially able to but it would seem to indicate that the chipset is able to.

PCB Revision A
Date Code 2005/03/29
File 65EAD329.exe
Size 741,964 bytes
Description Diamond Flash Image for BIOS.

Please Click Here if you are not familiar with the procedure of Diamond Flash Image!!
Major Reasons of Change:
1. Added C1E BIOS control.
2. Support EM64T CPU.
3. Support Dual Core CPU.
4. Enhance the support of SATA/SATAII HDDs.

Sure hope that means other's are compatible, like the AS8 :)

I remember reading that the pin out on the LGA775 Pentium D was different than the 5XX and 6XX PIV's... My understanding was that the 915/925 series didn't support Pentium D either and that the new 945P and 955X were going to be the only ones that do support them as well as the 5XX and 6XX CPU's.

I'll try to find the article....

would seem very odd that the pinouts would be that different. If they were, wouldn't that make the new socket pins incompatible with the older LGA775 CPU's?

I would definitely like to see Abit release a bios and/or confirmation that it would work on the AS8. Be a good upgrade option for peeps like me who have enough video power and no need to lose it all for DDR2/PCI-E

Know Nuttin said:
would seem very odd that the pinouts would be that different. If they were, wouldn't that make the new socket pins incompatible with the older LGA775 CPU's?

I would definitely like to see Abit release a bios and/or confirmation that it would work on the AS8. Be a good upgrade option for peeps like me who have enough video power and no need to lose it all for DDR2/PCI-E

Read the first paragraph of this:

Toms Hardware - Pentium D

Back