• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how did you find ocforums?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Its the "Frontpage".

It is the site that started this. First their was OC.com, then their was the forums.

It is now the site where overclockers go for reviews, articles, how to guides, and editorials.

I really don't remember. 6 years ago is the distant past for me but I'm going to hazard a guess and say I found this forum through virtual-hideout.net, probably just to look for more images of modifications and information on cooling. I read along in the alternative modding, cooling, and general hardware sections for a year or two before actually joining.

My 4 year anniversary was on the 23rd...

Same as 9mm, I didn't find the forum first. Google brought me to the frontpage, and I began my learning from there. I knew nothing about overclocking when I got here, and now I'm a little more knowlegeable ;)

I too stumbled upon the front page first. I lurked on the forums for a while since I did not really know much about forums, I had seen news groups, and had been chatting for a long time but this was the first forum I became active in, now I'm a forum junky :p

I first went to Overclockers.com a couple of years ago (back in 2003 or 2004) when somebody took apart the G5 to put PC parts in a case and I decided to look at the frontpage. After a year of looking at the frontpage, I went to the forum to see what was up. I didn't build up enough courage to join the forums until December last year, now I check here more often than the frontpage.

Hmm, think it was when someone brought down icrontic permanently, so I started looking for where a few people went. Followed a few here.

The url was givin to me by a online friend of mine about a year ago. I knew jack crap about computers (didn't even know how to build a system) until i came to here. Everything i know about computers was stuff i read off of here everyday :D

I was just like Sucka and JoT, i lurked the forums from about January till May when i finally registered.

Im the same, i didnt know too much about computers until i came here :p I also lurked for about a month :) Mainly because i didnt think i would fit in, because some of the stuff people post means nothing to me :D and i dont know too much tech stuff :( But im here, so meh :)

Back