• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows xp update auto-reboot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shaggy

Registered
How do you disable the automatice reboot for windows updates? Some updates decide they want to reboot windows automaticaly for me however they ask if I would like to reboot later and then ask me again like every 10 min. Can I disable that or maybe lengthen the time it takes to ask me again?

The reason why you are being prompted to reboot is because Auto Reboot is Disabled, otherwise it would just reboot your pc as soon as the update had been installed. I dont think you can stop Auto Updates asking you to reboot unless you stop the Auto Updates service once the updates have been installed.

I just dont want it to reboot at all. I dont mind if it downloads the update I just dont want it to reboot when im in the middle of my MMORPG :)

It can get its reboot when I manualy reboot the machine myself

Instead of having "Automatic" (Automatically download recommended updates for my computer and install them) set for Automatic Updates, choose one of the other available options...

Download updates for me, but let me choose when to install them

Notify me but don't automatically download or install them

Turn off Automatic Updates
...and just visit the WU site on a regular basis to manually check for updates.

Back