• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recovering corrupted video

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

>HyperlogiK<

I have a slightly corrupted divx avi that was captured from a now lost VHS tape. When I try and insert it into a vegas/dvd studio project it crashes vegas, but it can't be that badly damaged as it plays in media player (alebit with some artifacting). Is there any good standalone program that is good at handling knackered video? I want to recover it and make a DVD if possible.

Try downloading a program called Gspot it will tell you what codecs are needed for the video to play. More than likely it crashes Vegas because the codec is not supported. Have you tried windows movie maker? I only ask because most things that work in WMP work in Movie Maker. Also, you could try the Windows Media 9 Encoder.

www.download.com

try video fixer, or media fixer. If you do get video fixer it leaves a strange .vlr file in your root directory. It's harmless, but odd none-the-less.

Last edited:
Back