• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec Aria watercooling?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aharpro26

Registered
I want to water-cool my Antec Aria case.
I am going to get an external drive, so i have the 5 1/4" open.
My main question is: is it safe to place the water pump and all the water cooling harware directly on top of the motherboard? The motherboard in the Antec Aria covers the complete bottom of the case. I am worried about leaking onto the motherboard. I will draw a pic of my plan next time i get a chance.

Picture of my plan

Here is the picture of my plan:
ariawc.gif

I also included a photoshop and PNG of the image, so you can change things around and post it back.

The measurements made me think the Black Ice Micro II Radiator will not fit there, because the video card is so close to it. If it does not fit, the radiator will just have to stick out the side a little bit.

What type of pump would you recommend for this setup and how does the tubing connect to it?

Attachments

• Aria Water Cooling.png
    Aria Water Cooling.png
    43.9 KB · Views: 127
  • Aria Water Cooling.psd
    143.6 KB · Views: 133
I had an aria and was thinking about doing this, although the BIM would have gone on the same side as the cpu so its not in the way of the video card, It is quite difficult to do this in such a small space, youll have to use one of the newer really small pumps and possibly a low profile cpu waterblock with small hoses.

Jon

Just get yourself one of those CoolerMaster Aquagate mini's. The R120 works wonderfully and with a little bit of bracketry you could mount the 120mm radiator on the back of your Aria's case.
If your planning on making your own WC system, here are some ideas based on good old common sence:
For a SFF case using 1/2" tubing is going to be tough, so go with 3/8"
No radiator is going to fit within the case, so plan on making bracktry to mount it to the exterior of the case.
Go with a T-line instead of a resevoir as it will not take up precious space.
For a SFF case, a small pump is your friend. Check out the DCC or the CSP system Mag unit

A few ideas I had were:
1. reversing the PS fan and putting a BIX on back
2. making a large heatsink and replacing top cover with it and turning it into a radiator.
and thats about as far as I got, then I sold it;)

I would actually suggest 1/4" ID tubing,(3/8 OD) with pushfits, thats what I run and it does a good job, its really small and easy to use.

Jon

Over on the [H] Mashie did a D3 project with WCing in a shuttle. He did a great job, but he did cut up a lot of the case, but you might get some ideas from his log here.

Ok, i changed my mind after reading these posts.
The BIX will be mounted on the back, but i will not reverse the 120mm fan.
A Danger Den DDC-12V will be the pump.
I still need to know: what is the order the water flows though?
is it pump>water block>radiator? where does the T line fit in here?
thanks for everybody's help

Would a Danger Den DDC-12V, Danger Den TDX, Danger Den Maze4 Low Profile, and Black Ice Micro II (3/8") be a good combination?

T-line could just go before the pump, or right after the rad, and tucked away anywhere convenient with the top pointing upward.

Post more pics as you get everything assembled, this could be a sweet project.

thanks chunkeymunkey. finally somebody appreciates my thoughts. I was going to take pics as a project log. i'm going to be wrapping all PSU cables and using UV lights. This will be the first SFF case with all h20 cooling inside it (to my knowledge).

Back