• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems with onboard sound inputs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kayson

I got an ATI TV Wonder so I can play video games on my computer in my room. you have to plug the sound out of the tv wonder into the line in on the sound card. I have onboard sound, so I just plugged it into a port, and set it to line in using the audio config that came with the driver. I checked sound/speaker properties, and I see the line in, and it works fine. The problem is that it doesn't show up as an input for any of my capturing programs (windvr/ati multimedia center). The only thing that shows up is cd player. Windows movie maker shows line in though. Its kind of an odd problem, but I figured I might as well ask if anyone knows how to fix it.

Go to: Control Panel > Sound and Audio Devices Properties > Audio

And click the volume button under the Recording section. You need to Check the SELECT box under the input you want your system to use when recording. If the source you want to display isn't on the list you can add it under: Options > Properties

The recording volume control is seperate from the playback volume control. You have to make sure the source you're trying to use is at the right volume in RECORDING first, then make sure the PLAYBACK volume level for that same source is unmuted.

That's not the problem. I can do that, but the stupid program makes you choose a default source. For some reason the only source is cd player, so I have to go in and change it to line in every time the program opens.

Back