• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEW frequency= NEW headaches?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zatrix

I have had one of my monitors at 100 hertz and the other at 75 hertz for a long time now. I decided to be a bad *** and up one of my monitors to 100 hertz.

Now when i look at the screen my eyes hurt after constant use and i have a headache

is this normal for a new frequency?

Its a 19inch btw

i leave my LCD at 60 but on my crt its at 72 cuz its too flashy on 60 with the crt

Higher frequency=more FPS. The human eye is limited to around 72 FPS, so anything above 75 is pointless IMO.

Feydd said:
Higher frequency=more FPS. The human eye is limited to around 72 FPS, so anything above 75 is pointless IMO.

Anything above 24 constant frames per second should seem like complete motion to the naked human eye, but apparently that isn't the case with computer moniters. Your eyes will adjust to the refresh rates, and if you do turn them lower you may notice the difference. I run mine at 85Hz, if I were to turn it to 75, I would notice the difference, but not as much as turning it down to 60Hz, which I feel only lcds should run at.

Back