• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question regarding coolant and dye

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheMainFrame

Well i got 2 questions...

Firstly im my local shop only has Water Wetter and i was wondering on some opinions on that product or perhaps other products that would be better.

Secondly whats a good blue UV dye for water? i found this...

http://www.directron.com/waterdye.html

But there is no brand name so im not sure how i can tell if it will dye the tubes or have any negative affects

I haven't used water wetter, but I have read not good things about it on OCforums.

I am using this dye from cool-cases-usa.com
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=80150&item=6741258836&rd=1&ssPageName=WD1V
So far is works fine. I think dye is going to stain any clear tubing. I don't care if it does as I don't plan on changing colors, and if I did, I would just replace the tubing if necessary.

That fill and bleed kit is to me $30 worth of nothing. A $4 t-line does the same thing and takes up a lot less space.

I'd stay away from water wetter... will muck up everything with a white/brown film. You dont need it. If you want blue, get some VW anti freeze, it is blue. I would run anti freeze and distilled water only, it is all you need. If you have mixed metal the ratio should be 25% AF or if all copper/brass 10-15% will be plenty of AF. I dont like that swiftech bleed kit at all. I would also stay away from dyes personally, it will stain everything, but, up to you.

I use Water wetter in a "small" quanity and a Craola Water souable marker for dye..After 2 months every thing is perfectly clean and crisp as the day I set it up.

It i s an effective way to produce great colors and because it is water clean up it never stains..I even power off daily letting the water stand and i am impressed at how good it has worked ..

Back