• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

laser mouse?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've never heard of OptoRite before, But I think it's just a cheap knock off of Logitech's laser mouse. I would go for Logitech.

It goes along with what I say. If it is expensive it has to be good. Why else would it be expensive?

im tempted to buy one just to take it apart and see if they're lying. truth is, even IF its laser and 1600dpi, theres still questions of drivers (does it work at its full potential without them? if not, do they suck?) and of customer service.

This optorite mouse looks like a cheap knockoff of the logitech laser mouse.....I've had the logitech wireless laser mouse (MX1000) now for a little over a month and I've never been more pleased with any other mouse I've used. They use something called "fastRF" technology so I honestly can't tell that I'm even using a wireless mouse at all. Don't let the wireless part fool you. This thing is dead on accurate in every game I've played and every other application that I've used it on. I play games like BF'42, CS:S, HL2, DoomIII and the expansion, and others similar to it and it really is like night and day compared to any other mouse I've used. I've had multiple variations of the intellimouse and several different logitech mice before and was about to go with Razer Diamondback when I saw this one and I'm glad I did because it RAWKS. The only drawback with the laser mouse is the price........$79 is just too damned expensive for a mouse, even if it has a frikkin laser.
However if you're still cautious, Logitech's got a new gaming mouse out, the MX518 that is supposed to be pretty bad ***. It's got adjustable *in game* sensitivity and from what I've heard is dead on accurate also plus it's cheaper than the mx1000. Either way you can't go wrong.

Last edited:
Im just wondering whats wrong with wireless. I have an MX1000 and it plays games great I get no mouse lag at all, it works on just about anything, and the battery lasts forever and only takes like 15minutes to recharge

I spent 50 on it at newegg though, not 80, at 80 it would not be worth it.

Gnufsh said:
Does this actually use a laser? I was under the impression that diode lasers were still $80-$100.

the Camera is infrered, and the mouse is EXPENSIVE... around $100 i believe.

so, i think it does use lasers

Does this actually use a laser? I was under the impression that diode lasers were still $80-$100.
LOL!!!!! They're maybe $1 each now in large quantities - very cheap.

SolidxSnake said:
the Camera is infrered, and the mouse is EXPENSIVE... around $100 i believe.

so, i think it does use lasers
The mouse linked to by the original poster claims to be a laser mouse is is 29.99.

edit: I've only encountered the price in scientific applications, it may be that lower quality ones are significantly cheaper.

ive used the logitech laser mouse before and i was very dissappointed, i have a mx 510, an mx518 , and i just orderd a new gaming laptop that im gonna need another mouse for. My freind has the mx1000 and i used it, i knowticed severe lag times compared to the mx 510 and 518, wireless is not for gaming, you wont knowtice it unless you have used a better mouse.

i have used the 510/8 and own the mx1000, because i tried out both, and picked the best one

let me sum it up for you-
both are good, i mean, great, awesome
both have no lag, same precision
one looks like it's dented..
one looks like it's SEXY! :)

battery life is a couple weeks to a month, and it has a cool cradle, might as well put it there every night, and never ever ever worry :p

Back