• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Safe to burn?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sanyote

Registered
I was just wondering if it's safe to burn computer parts. Burning things is fun.

Don't burn anything computer related. Ever. However, if you're looking to destroy things...You can take it out back (make sure its NOT plugged in..)..Soak it with a hose...And utterly obliviate it with a sledge hammer. Of course, you could always tell us you were kidding and sell the stuff...That way no one will think you wierd..

the only time i obliterate hardware is when:

A: it's not working and the warrenty is void/expired

B: it has no value resale or otherwise

No. It will release toxic chemicals when burning, and it will leave toxic stuff behind. It has enough bad stuff in it that old computer hardware should not be simply thrown away. There are places that recycle computers, you should use those.

Did you know crt monitors are hazardous waste?

edit: Be careful, there's are reason people tell children not to play with fire: you can do a lot of damage. Don't get anyone hurt.

Last edited:
9mmcensor.. definately a bad move destroying that keyboard ^^

that being said, I wanna burn my oldschool cell phone. Any1 know if THATS non-toxic?

Without the battery of course

Gnufsh said:
Did you know crt monitors are hazardous waste?
Yes. Lead.
I kinda thought it wouldn't be safe to burn computer parts, but when you burn plastic just don't breath in the black smoke they make. That's what I do.

Back