• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Damn .dll files

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AFIsoldier

Damn .dll files left behind after trying to get rid of spyware, what programs are there or what method should I go through to get this damned file off my computer?

I hate them, always a pain in the arse to get rid of!

Well, you can try searching for them. Bur unless you are desperate for HD space, you also need to consider that they don't trigger on thier own. Find the reg key or whatever that brings them out, kill that and what worry is there?

Not schooled enough in messing with my registry, any help on the whole registry edification (is that even a word? lol)? Not really worried about the HDD space, but I hate seeing this stupid folder, and the only way to get rid of it is to find a way to delete that .dll file.

All that is in the folder is one .dll file, and I've restarted and don't seem to be able to find the program running in the task manager,

Try deleting the file using Delete Doctor 2.1. available from Majorgeeks here...

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4473

You could also try this method if the the above doesn't work for you...

Close all open programs, and click Start | Run | Type taskmgr.exe and click OK. Leave Task Manager open, and click Start | Run | Type cmd and click OK. Leave the Command Prompt window open, go to Task Manager and click the "Processes" tab; "End Process" on "Explorer.exe". Go to the Command Prompt window and navigate to the file that you'd like to delete, and enter del <filename>. Go back to Task Manager | Click "File" | New-->Task | Enter explorer.exe to restart the GUI.

The following MSKB article may also be of some help to you...

You Cannot Delete a File or a Folder on an NTFS file system volume

Back