• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Error.. the service cannot accept control messages at this time

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twigss

My mom's computer is getting a load of error messages all saying the same thing and they wont go away... there are 11 popped up in the background right now... each says

ERROR 0138423F:The Service cannot accept control messages at this time.
:$

with an ok button... hitting the ok button closes them for like 5 seconds and they return.

Running XP Home
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1 Build 2600

I tried googling the error but the only related issue I found was for windows server 2000

Does your Mom happen to be running Firefox?...I believe it may be related to the error messages she's receiving. You might also want to update her PC to SP2, although before doing so...scan for trojans.

In addition, open Event Viewer (in order to access the error logs, and check for any critical errors)...Start | Run | Type eventvwr.msc and click OK | Highlight "Application" and "System" independently in the LH pane | Right click any error message(s) (critical errors are in Red), and select "Properties" | Write down a couple of the latest critical error messages exactly as they appear under the "Description" field, and post them in this thread.

Also, open the System Information tool by typing msinfo32 in the Run box | Expand "Components" | Highlight "Problem Devices", and look for any problems that might be listed there.

Last edited:
Back